Click to zoom
Cartoon on Roman clothing
Cartoon about whether the Romans wore underpants
genre : Cartoon, Comic, Non-Fiction
I design warm and humorous illustrations and cartoons, tailored to your needs. As an archaeologist and former researcher (PhD), I also make archaeological and historical reconstruction drawings and educational illustrations.
IllustrationsI enjoy working for museums, government institutions, companies, magazines (editorial), and publishers. I design and draw illustrations for flyers, articles, (children's) books, websites, advertisement, exhibitions, etc.
As a former scientist, I have no trouble understanding difficult texts and translating them into an attractive and clear visual.
- I love to brainstorm with you and always come up with multiple visual solutions.
- My illustrations are often narrative and contain humour or a twist.
- People in all shapes and sizes are central to my work. I have done anthropological and archaeological research and am fascinated by other cultures in the past and present.
- In addition to illustrating, I also do graphic design in InDesign and Illustrator, and can create the layout for your flyer, advert, poster, teaching materials, year report, etc.
Archaeological reconstructions and illustrationsAs an archaeological and historical illustrator, I specialise in the human dimension. I make:
- Attractive archaeological and historical reconstruction drawings, in which I especially like to visualise daily life.
- Informative illustrations, for example of how an object was used.
- Playful and fun educational illustrations and cartoons aimed at a younger audience, for example for flyers, exhibitions, and historical children’s books.
About Tineke RooijakkersI live and work in Oegstgeest, near Leiden. I draw and paint both digitally and traditionally, in aquarelle, gouache, pencil, and ink. Professionally, I usually illustrate in Adobe Photoshop and Procreate, but I like to retain a handmade feel in my digital drawings.
Would you like to know more? Call or email me! I always enjoy a hearing about your plans and coming up with ideas and possibilities together - no strings attached.